Senate congressional committee to discuss teacher preparation
Date Posted: 3/24/2014
The United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) will hold a hearing at 1:30 p.m. CST tomorrow to discuss "Teacher Preparation: Ensuring a Quality Teacher in Every Classroom." To learn more about the hearing or to watch it live, click here. The panel will include:
- Dr. Edward Crowe, senior adviser of the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation, Princeton, N.J.
- Dr. Mary Brabeck, Gale and Ira Drukier dean and professor of applied psychology, New York University, New York, N.Y.
- Dr. Mari Koerner, professor and dean of the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
- Timothy Daly, president of The New Teacher Project, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Dr. Jeanne Burns, associate commissioner of teacher and leadership initiatives, Louisiana Board of Regents, Baton Rouge, La.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
The public good? Sounds like Marxism.
Governor’s support for this voucher scheme overlooks reality of sending taxpayer dollars out of the public school system.
Texas Legislature, Educator Compensation | Benefits
From The Texas Tribune: With full state coffers and bipartisan support, Texas teachers are hopeful they’ll get a raise this year
The pandemic, inflation and burnout have pummeled teachers in the last few years. Lawmakers from both parties agree they should get a pay bump — but it won’t happen without negotiation.