Blog Commenting Policy
To maintain a respectful dialogue and productive exchange of ideas on TeachtheVote.org, we expect you to follow these guidelines for all comments submitted for posting on the Teach the Vote blog:
- Keep your comments relevant to the blog's legislative updates and associated content featured on TeachtheVote.org.
- Be respectful and professional. Personal attacks and insults, accusations, profanity, vulgarity, threats, abuse, aggressive remarks and attempts to instigate arguments in a disrespectful manner will not be tolerated.
- Be truthful. Spreading misleading or false information is strictly prohibited and may be a violation of law.
- Do not include any student names or other identifying information in your comments. Do not reveal confidential information in your comments. To protect your own privacy and that of others, we recommend that you avoid posting personally identifiable information within your comments, such as email addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, Social Security numbers, membership numbers, etc.
- Do not spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner is prohibited. Do not promote any services, products or other websites in your comments.
ATPE staff members will review each comment submitted. Your comment submissions are welcome at any time. Postings are subject to review by an ATPE staff moderator and may be delayed during peak hours. Comments containing profanity or multiple links will be caught in a spam filter.
ATPE reserves the right to determine which comments are suitable for publication/posting and remove any posted comments that violate our policy or are no longer timely.
The submission of a comment does NOT constitute communication with the ATPE Member Legal Services Department or ATPE Member Services. If you have an issue that would require the assistance of either of those departments, please contact them directly. If you have a question for ATPE staff, please contact our office directly as the moderator may not be able to answer any questions posted within comments on this site.
The views expressed within comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect those of ATPE or its staff. ATPE does not warrant that any information posted in comments is correct and disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on any such information.