Congressional committee to discuss charter schools tomorrow
Date Posted: 3/11/2014 | Author: Jennifer Mitchell, CAE
On Wed., March 12, the House Committee on Education and the Workforce has a full committee hearing scheduled in Washington, D.C. The hearing is entitled, “Raising the Bar: The Role of Charter Schools in K-12 Education.” You can watch a live webcast of this meeting starting at 9:30 a.m. (Central). The following witnesses are scheduled to appear:
- Dr. Deborah McGriff, Chair of the Board, National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- Mrs. Lisa Graham Keegan, Chair of the Board, National Association of Charter School Authorizers, Peoria, AZ
- Mr. David Linzey, Executive Director, Clayton Valley Charter High School, Concord, CA
- Ms. Alyssa Whitehead-Bust, Chief of Innovation and Reform, Denver Public Schools, Denver, CO
- Mr. Alan Rosskamm, CEO, Breakthrough Schools, Cleveland, OH
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Teach the Vote’s Week in Review: June 2, 2023
The HB 100 voucher scheme dies at the end of regular session, plus a special session and the TEA takeover of Houston ISD begin.
From The Texas Tribune: Tension over property taxes produces rare public clash between Dan Patrick, Greg Abbott
Always happy to castigate the Texas House, Patrick breaks form to criticize the governor as misinformed and unsympathetic toward homeowners.
School Finance, Retirement | TRS | Social Security, Texas Legislature, Privatization | Vouchers, Educator Compensation | Benefits
Voucher dies as final weekend of 88th Legislature brings conflict between House and Senate
HB 100 was a casualty of a breakdown in communications between the House and Senate as the regular session drew to a close.