Commissioner appoints board of managers for Beaumont ISD
Date Posted: 7/14/2014 | Author: Jennifer Mitchell, CAE
The Texas Education Agency announced today that Commissioner of Education Michael Williams has selected the new board of managers for the Beaumont Independent School District. These seven members will be sworn in July 21 and will assume all responsibilities of Beaumont's previously elected board of trustees for a period of up to two years:
- A.B. Bernard, a business leader who has served on the board of the Beaumont Chamber of Commerce and other organizations.
- Lenny Caballero, director of event facilities for the City of Beaumont.
- Jack Carroll, a personal injury and commercial litigation attorney with Orgain, Bell & Tucker, LLP.
- Joe Domino, former president and CEO of Entergy Texas.
- Vernice Monroe, liaison to the president on Multicultural Enhancement at Lamar University.
- Jimmy Simmons, former president of Lamar University, currently serving as a music instructor there.
- Robert Turner, auto dealership owner and former chairman of the board for the Greater Beaumont Area Chamber of Commerce.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Texas Legislature, Educator Compensation | Benefits
From The Texas Tribune: With full state coffers and bipartisan support, Texas teachers are hopeful they’ll get a raise this year
The pandemic, inflation and burnout have pummeled teachers in the last few years. Lawmakers from both parties agree they should get a pay bump — but it won’t happen without negotiation.
Texas Legislature, TEA | Commissioner | SBOE, Privatization | Vouchers, Deregulation | Charter Schools, Educator Compensation | Benefits
Teacher pay and voucher bills are generating media attention, and Texas senators received their committee assignments this week.
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) announced Senate committee assignments Monday for the 2023 legislative session.