Commissioner appoints board of managers for Beaumont ISD
Date Posted: 7/14/2014 | Author: Jennifer Mitchell, CAE
The Texas Education Agency announced today that Commissioner of Education Michael Williams has selected the new board of managers for the Beaumont Independent School District. These seven members will be sworn in July 21 and will assume all responsibilities of Beaumont's previously elected board of trustees for a period of up to two years:
- A.B. Bernard, a business leader who has served on the board of the Beaumont Chamber of Commerce and other organizations.
- Lenny Caballero, director of event facilities for the City of Beaumont.
- Jack Carroll, a personal injury and commercial litigation attorney with Orgain, Bell & Tucker, LLP.
- Joe Domino, former president and CEO of Entergy Texas.
- Vernice Monroe, liaison to the president on Multicultural Enhancement at Lamar University.
- Jimmy Simmons, former president of Lamar University, currently serving as a music instructor there.
- Robert Turner, auto dealership owner and former chairman of the board for the Greater Beaumont Area Chamber of Commerce.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Texas Legislature, Curriculum | Instruction, TEA | Commissioner | SBOE
The State Board of Education voted Monday, Sept. 26, 2022, to advance a pared down revision of the curriculum standards to comply with new legislative requirements.
Educator Preparation | Certification, Retirement | TRS | Social Security, Texas Legislature, Congress | Federal, Elections, Curriculum | Instruction
The ATPE Governmental Relations team recaps the past week’s education news, legislative and election updates, and regulatory developments.
Educator Preparation | Certification, Texas Legislature, Curriculum | Instruction, Educator Compensation | Benefits
Texas House committees hear hours of testimony on educator recruitment, preparation, and retention ahead of the 2023 legislative session
ATPE shared educator preparation recommendations during invited testimony before the House Committees on Public Education and Higher Education, Sept. 20, 2022.