Special election runoff details for House District 118
Date Posted: 1/19/2016 | Author: Jennifer Mitchell, CAE
Do you live in San Antonio's House District 118? If so, you have an opportunity this month to vote in a special election to fill the remaining term of retiring Rep. Joe Farias (D-San Antonio). Click on the district map to the right to open and view a larger version. Early voting runs from Wednesday, Jan. 20 through Friday, Jan. 22. The election day is Tuesday, Jan. 26. The two candidates who have made it to a runoff in the special election are John Lujan (R) and Tomas Uresti (D). During early voting, most polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Here are a list of early voting locations as published recently in the San Antonio Express-News:
- Bexar County Elections Department, 1103 S. Frio
- East Central ISD Administration, 6634 New Sulphur Springs Road
- Julia Yates Seemes Library at Comanche Lookout Park, 15060 Judson Road
- Mission Library, 3134 Roosevelt Avenue
- Precinct 1 Satellite Office, 3505 Pleasanton Road
- Somerset High School, 7650 S. Loop 1604 West, Somerset
- South Park Mall, 2310 S.W. Military
- Universal City City Hall, 2150 Universal City Blvd.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
The public good? Sounds like Marxism.
Governor’s support for this voucher scheme overlooks reality of sending taxpayer dollars out of the public school system.
Texas Legislature, Educator Compensation | Benefits
From The Texas Tribune: With full state coffers and bipartisan support, Texas teachers are hopeful they’ll get a raise this year
The pandemic, inflation and burnout have pummeled teachers in the last few years. Lawmakers from both parties agree they should get a pay bump — but it won’t happen without negotiation.